The Wisdom Buddha Protector of Je Tsongkhapa's Tradition
Announcement from Serpom Norling Monastery
Medicine Buddha Festival to be held in Serpom Norling Monastery
The annual Medicine Buddha Festival, one of the most important Festivals, will held in Serpom Monastery on Sept 29, 2009, corresponding to the 11th day of the eighth Tibetan month.
Hundreds of monks will perform pujas three times a day for a week for the well-being and prosperity of all living beings, and particularly of devotees and well-wishers of the Peace Deity Dorje Shugden.
Medicine Buddha (Skt: Bhaisajyaguru, Ch:Yaoshifó, Jp. Yakushi) is the Buddha of healing and medicine. As a Bodhisattva, Medicine Buddha made 12 remarkable vows to heal and protect people. He is accompanied by his two attendants, Suryaprabha and Candraprabha.
The prayers of Medicine Buddha (Tib:Sangye Menla) are very powerful for healing physical illness and purifying negativities. The practice also develops increasing healing powers both for oneself and others.
As the festival is an object of accumulating merit and purifying negativities for all, the public is welcome to take part in the festival by sponsoring Medicine Buddha prayers. Contact the Administrators of Serpom Monastery to make arrangements and donations toward the week-long spiritual event.
Serpom Thoesam Norling Monastery
Mysore, Karnataka, INDIA
Phone: 0091 8223 258759, Fax: 0091 8223 258497
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Follow the story of the Dalai Lama's 30-year political campaign to destroy a centuries-old spiritual tradition taught to him by his own Spiritual Guide, and the efforts of those he's hurting to stop him:
- What is happening
- What is the Western Shugden Society (WSS)?
- Detailed reports of discrimination from inside India and elsewhere
The Dalai Lama's position
- A Great Deception
- Praise to Wisdom Buddha Dorje Shugden by the Dalai Lama
- In the Dalai Lama's words
Why is this happening?
- Why is this religious suppression taking place?
- Are the Dalai Lama's reasons valid?
Efforts to restore religious freedom
- Geshe Kelsang's open letter
- The ban is illegal and unconstitutional
- Press reports and videos
- Dorje Shugden Devotee's Charitable and Religious Society
- Dalai Lama sued for repressing religious freedom
- A conflict with a solution
- Announcement from Serpom Norling Monastery
Analysis of situation
- Can the Dalai Lama ever make a mistake?
- Is the Dalai Lama the only spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism?
- Theocracy or democracy?
- Spirit worship or authentic Buddhist practice?
- Freedom of worship
- The Dalai Lama's justifications
- Analysis by Dalai Lama's translator (PDF)
- What would Thomas Jefferson think of the 14th Dalai Lama?
- Book Reviews
Evidence and first-hand accounts
- Chronological background
- Discord in exile documentary
- Political motivations for the ban
- Summary to date from Tibetan exiles
Ongoing persecution 2008-2010
- Recent vote sticks and call for help
- Forced signature and ID card campaign
- Persecution of monks at Sera Monasteries
- Public humiliation and explusion of monks
- Letter to Indian Prime Minister regarding abuses
- Letters from Dorje Shugden Devotees
- Urgent appeal from Sera Monasteries
- Support from Indian police
- Western Shugden Society letter to Sera monasteries
- Western Shugden Society letter to TGIE
- Heartfelt request from monks in Mundgod
- More discrimination planned around the world
- Letter from an FPMT monk
- What you can do